- Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Tampa Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Damages in Motorcycle Crashes
- Recover for Damages Resulting from a Serious Motorcycle Wreck
- FAQ – Motorcycle Injury Lawyers
- Do I need a lawyer if it wasn’t my fault?
- How much does a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer cost?
- What if I was given a ticket by the police after the accident?
Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Advocating for Riders’ Rights to Safely Share the Road.
Riding a motorcycle is more than a form of transportation; it is a way of life, with a sense of freedom and adventure. For some, motorcycles represent a greener form of transportation that pollutes much less than the SUVs and large sedans that proliferate South Florida roadways.
Yet, motorists treat motorcyclists as though they are a nuisance or fail to appreciate the even greater dangers of tailgating, cutting off and running into a biker.
Motorcyclists have the same right to be on the road as motorists driving other types of vehicles and they deserve to feel as safe. Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers approaches every case with this fact in mind. Our law firm represents accident victims throughout Florida who are injured through no fault of their own.
We are your local, experienced attorneys who want to help you recover.
Tampa Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Typical Motorcycle Crash Scenarios
Our Trinity motorcycle accident lawyers have substantial experience in investigating and building strong injury claims. Our lawyers regularly encounter serious motorcycle accidents involving:
- Motorcycle Accidents from Behind: Rear-end motorcycle accidents typically occur at intersections or when traffic has slowed unexpectedly. The at-fault motorist is often distracted, texting, drunk, speeding or trying to make a yellow light.
- Change Lane Motorcycle Accidents: Motorists have a duty to remain in their lane and to look for motorcyclists before changing lanes. Unfortunately, reckless drivers may drift over the divider line or not use care when moving into the adjacent lane.
- Blind Corner Motorcycle Accidents: Florida drivers have the right to turn right on red, but often turn without caution. Obstructions, such as vegetative growth and construction materials may contribute to blind corner motorcycle accidents.
- Locked Front Brake Motorcycle Accidents: Defective auto parts or negligent bike repairs can subject riders to the perils of a malfunctioning bike. Locked or failing front brakes are dangerous defects that can cause serious motorcycle crashes.
Damages in Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycles do not come with the same safety features of cars, and so accidents tend to be worse. With such innovations as airbags, seat belts and auto bodies constructed to withstand the impact of a crash, automobiles are safer than ever before. Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to crash-proof motorcycles.
During a crash, riders risk being ejected or run over, sliding across pavement or getting crushed by their own bikes. As a result, motorcyclists may sustain such devastating injuries as:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Severe road rash
- Third degree burns
- Bone fractures
- Sprains, strains and contusions
- Deep lacerations
- Crush injuries
- Scars and disfigurement
Recover for Damages Resulting from a Serious Motorcycle Wreck
From our Trinity office, the Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers represents motorcyclists throughout Florida. Consultations are always free and your claim is handled on contingency, so you are not responsible for lawyers’ fees until we recover your compensation. We maintain a 24-hour call return policy so you know our lawyers are always there for you.
Our main office is located in Trinity, FL (Pasco County), but we handle cases throughout the Tampa Bay area and all of Florida.
FAQ – Motorcycle Injury Lawyers
Do I need a lawyer if it wasn’t my fault?
If you injured, then it’s likely that the at fault party will try to shift the blame to you. You should hire a personal injury attorney who can help you obtain compensation for your injuries.
How much does a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer cost?
Personal injury attorneys typically work on a contingency fee basis. Meaning, you pay nothing unless you win.
What if I was given a ticket by the police after the accident?
A personal injury attorney will discuss your case with you and the most likely outcomes of the trial should we decide to move forward. A ticket does not automatically preclude you from recovering monetary damages for your injuries.