- Recovery from Drivers and Truck Corporations
- Investigating a Commercial Vehicle Wreck
- Our Firm Handles All Types of Commercial Vehicle Crashes
- Consult with Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers About Recovery For Your Truck Accident Case
- Accident Attorney FAQ
- How much does a truck accident lawyer cost in Florida?
- How are 18 wheeler accidents different from other car wrecks?
- Can I sue a large truck transport corporation?
- Do truck accident lawsuits go on forever?
Recovery from Drivers and Truck Corporations
Truck Accident Attorney Tampa
The Tampa Trucking Accident Lawyers at Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers have extensive experience in large truck and 18-wheeler accident cases. Our attorneys handle complex commercial vehicle accidents for injured victims throughout Florida. Our lawyers have experience in insurance defense, so we are very familiar with the delay and deflect tactics of trucking companies and their insurance carriers. Our unique insurance defense background allows us to anticipate defense strategies and take preemptive steps to counter their arguments.
When you retain Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers, you’ll have an experienced legal team that is fully committed to your trucking accident case. Although we have an excellent team of paralegals and support staff, your lawyer handles your claim at every step until we have reached a resolution.
Investigating a Commercial Vehicle Wreck
After a tractor-trailer accident, the trucking company sends its own team of investigators and lawyers to start building a defense. Our firm matches this aggressive perseverance with our own investigation. We immediately begin to collect crucial evidence, including the black box, police records, witness testimony, photographs of the scene, examination of the truck, phone records and Hours of Service logbooks.
Our trucking accident lawyers determine whether the driver was tired, distracted, texting, using the phone, drunk, high, speeding or otherwise reckless. We also consider whether the trucking corporation pressured the driver to speed, take drugs or drive without adequate sleep to deliver the load on an unrealistic deadline. We review the company’s policies for indications that it encouraged or permitted cell phone use or texting while behind the wheel or knew that the driver was sick or sleep-deprived.
Our Firm Handles All Types of Commercial Vehicle Crashes
Our law firm handles all types of accident cases involving 18-wheelers, buses, delivery trucks, heavy construction equipment and other commercial vehicles. For example, many of our cases involve:
- Hours of Service regulations violations: Our law firm proves that the driver did not abide by the HOS rules for drive times, shift times and rest breaks or the company doctored its logbooks to skirt the regulations.
- Texting while driving 18-wheeler & big truck accidents: Our lawyers help you recover compensation from a distracted driver who was texting, talking on the phone or engaged in another inappropriate activity while operating a tractor-trailer.
- T-bone trucking accidents: We act strategically and aggressively to recover compensation after a truck driver ran a red light or traffic signal and rammed into your car at an intersection.
- Head-on trucking collision: Our attorneys thoroughly investigate and prepare your claim involving a head-on accident caused when the driver drifted across the center line or entered a road going the wrong way.
- Jackknife truck accidents: Our legal team holds the trucking company and driver accountable for jackknifing or trailer swing that caused the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Truck rollovers: Our legal counselors have unique knowledge about the causes of truck rollovers and the resulting damages.
- Tire blowout truck accidents: Our auto accident firm proves that poor truck maintenance played a part in causing the accident that injured you.
Consult with Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers About Recovery For Your Truck Accident Case
Located in Trinity, the Fowkes & Hasanbasic, Accident and Insurance Lawyers. represents injured automobile occupants throughout Florida. We offer you a free claims evaluation and we handle your case on contingency, so you do not owe us lawyers’ fees unless we recover damages. We have a 24-hour call back policy so you can speak to us at any time throughout your case.
Our main office is located in Trinity, FL (Pasco County), but we handle cases throughout the Tampa Bay area and all of Florida.
Accident Attorney FAQ
How much does a truck accident lawyer cost in Florida?
A “truck accident lawyer,” is really just a personal injury attorney. Personal injury lawyers in Tampa typically work on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing unless you win a monetary award from the at fault parties.
How are 18 wheeler accidents different from other car wrecks?
Large commercial vehicle accidents require a certain level of expertise in investigation, possibly accident recreation, and prosecution. In most cases the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (as opposed to state & local regs) apply. These federal safety rules are some of the most critical evidence factors in an 18 wheeler or big truck accident.
Can I sue a large truck transport corporation?
Most likely yes. The negligent driver’s insurance company will most likely be the payer of settlement funds or any judgments against the negligent truck driver.
Do truck accident lawsuits go on forever?
The length of the lawsuit can go on for largely varying timelines. We will be with you every step of the way. More complex cases can take longer to wind their way through the system. We will be able to give you a decent idea of the timeline during your initial consultation. Give us a call.